Tuesday 11 June 2013

A Very Quiet Day Working Around Home

Our wonderful May weather continues here on Vancouver Island but I hear there is some rain in the forecast for this weekend.  That’s probably good as we have not had any rain in a few weeks and our yard is already beginning to get bone dry.  It’s way too early for that, I think.  Paulette has  had the sprinkler going on her flowers and gardens every night now.
IMG_4288
Rain or not, our grass is growing like crazy.  I’m having to cut it twice a week right now just to keep it from looking like a hay field.  Yesterday, it was time to cut the front lawn.  Using my gas push mower, cutting the front and back in one day is a little too much so I’m alternating days between cutting the front and back.  That seems to work o.k. for me and it is good exercise for sure.  At least the Lawn Boy mower is co-operating and starting up on just 1 or 2 pulls of the cord.
IMG_4289
Neither Paulette nor I had anything on the go yesterday so we both spent a quiet day at home just puttering around.  In the afternoon, Paulette started up her big quilting machine and finished the ‘5 Monkeys’ Baby Quilt she is making for our Grandson due in June.  Carrie, our daughter, is doing well and all settled into her new apartment so now it’s just time to wait.  She called last night and she’s beginning to get excited as her due date is now only 4 weeks away!!
IMG_4310
Well, Paulette was right again when she said the photo of the water I posted in my blog on Thursday looked like a Monet rather than Lime Jell-o as I thought.  The only person to agree with me was Ruth (Five Just Rolling Down The Road) so thanks, Ruth, I need all the help and support I can get around here.  What I do know is the animal in the above photo is a deer!  No doubt about it.  I snapped this shot while driving down to the grocery store yesterday.
IMG_4292
I’m not so sure my idea of a quick comment using the G+ Button was a good one.  In fact, it just might have been one of my worst ideas in a long while.  it turns out that 17 readers used this button rather than leave a comment and as of 7pm last night there were also 17 comments on my blog – so, a tie.  That’s not exactly what I had in mind but I’ll see how it goes before I decide to nix it or not and just go back to a regular ‘comment or not’ format.
IMG_4313
For our afternoon walk on Thursday, we went to the trail in the Mill Bay Nature Park.  The tide in the bay was out so we were able to walk out on the rocky beach for quite a distance.  Molly and Rylie really like this as there are all kinds of interesting things for them to see and dig up in the sand.
Have a great Friday, and thanks again for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment