Tuesday 6 November 2012

A Great Day For The Last Yard Clean-up & Mowing

Until yesterday morning, it had been about a month since I cut the front and back lawns in our yard.  It’s been raining a lot and I was never able to do it even though I knew the grass needed one last mowing before I put the lawnmower away for this year.  Yesterday was perfect, nice and sunny, so I was out just after 10am and got it all done by noon.

The grass looked pretty thick when I went out to cut it yesterdayIMG_6362

With the grass all cut for the final time, I ran the lawnmower until it sputtered out of gas and emptied out the little fuel mixture that was left in the weedwacker as well.  So, next spring, when I put new gas in these infernal contraptions I expect them to fire up on the first or second pull.  Yeah, right!  After putting away hoses, rakes, shovels and a few other lawn tools, I shoved the shed door closed, locked it up and don’t expect to open it again until early May next year.

While I was mowing, Rylie scattered her toys all over the yardIMG_6365

Last Friday, I finally got around to phoning my doctor’s office to get an appointment for my yearly physical and was booked for Tuesday morning, Nov. 6th.  As I mentioned earlier, I’ve lost 20lbs so I’m expecting my doctor to be impressed and forego his usual height and weight chart lecture about how I could afford to lose 5 or 10lbs.  I’m ready for him though and if he does I going to scream into his stethoscope while he has it in his ears!!

This is as good as it’s going to get until next MayIMG_6366

One thing he will nail me for though is the fact that I never did get around to having that anti-Shingles vaccine shot he gave me a prescription for.  I have needle-phobia!  I’ll get around that by telling him I’ll get the Shingles vaccine shot when I go to the lab for the routine blood tests as part of my physical.  I probably should as I hear Shingles is no fun at all.

A small waterfall flowing into the Cowichan RiverIMG_6341

It was just me and the muttzo’s for most of yesterday as Paulette was teaching a class at her Quilting Guild in the morning.  Then, in the afternoon, she was off to Nanaimo to attend the funeral of the mother of one of ladies in her sorority group.  It was quite a long day for her as she didn’t get home until after 5pm.

The river level is very high – what a difference some rain makesIMG_6343

That meant it was up to me to take Molly and Rylie for their afternoon walk.  Since it wasn’t raining, they really enjoyed it.  They are not good rain dogs and sometimes when off-leash will try and head back to the car if it starts to rain – little wimps!  At least we don’t have to worry about them jumping into the river because they’re not water dogs either.

IMG_6340

While driving home from Skutz Falls on Sunday we really noticed how fast the leaves are falling off the trees now.  The trails and roads are just covered with leaves and soon there are going to be more leaves on the ground than on the trees – a sure sign that winter is coming!

The leaves are falling fast now!IMG_6350

Have a great Tuesday, and thanks again for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment