Thursday 9 May 2013

Picasa Photo Editing Tips, G+ Quick Comments & More

Questions from readers about computer stuff, Blogger and Picasa, which I welcome by the way, have been coming in fast and furious for the past week.  I hope I’ve answered everyone directly about their specific issues but, if not, shoot me a reminder and I’ll get right on it.  Sometimes I’ll get questions that are generic to all of us who blog and that was the case just this week regarding 2  photo effects I use on my blog – ‘rounded corners’ and a ‘white border’ Header photo.

By default, Live Writer imports my photos with rounded cornersIMG_4298

By default, I almost always put rounded corners on pictures I insert in my blog.  it’s simple to do using Live Writer’s photo editing functions but impossible using Blogger’s Editor.  The very strong photo editing capabilities of Live Writer is one of the main reasons I’ve used Live Writer almost from the time I began blogging.  Google does come through though with its excellent free Photo Editor, Picasa, and that allows us to easily put corners on any image we choose to.  Here’s how:

How To Add Rounded Corners To Your Photos With Picasa

If for any reason the above video clip doesn’t work with your browser, then click on the YouTube link below, that should work:

YouTube Video Showing How to Add Rounded Corners With Picasa

How To Add A White Matte Border To Your Header Photos With Picasa

If for any reason the above video clip doesn’t work with your browser, then click on the YouTube link below, that should work:

YouTube Video Showing How To Add A White Border To Photos With Picasa

Image 1.  Clicking on the G +1 Share Button shows you read this blogcomments

Some time ago, in a long forgotten post, I remember writing that I thought it would be nice if there was some simple way to acknowledge that I’d read a blogger’s post without having to leave a comment.  My reason was simple – sometimes blogs I read just don’t connect enough for me to make a comment; or, maybe I’m in a hurry or on my “2-thumb typing” iPhone.  In these cases, I thought it would be nice if there was some simple way to acknowledge to the blogger that I had at least read the blog.  Guess what?  With Google+ Membership there is a way!

Image 2.  Gail Houle’s Gypsy Turtles blog and the G +1 Share Buttoncomments 1

In blogs that show the ‘G +1’ Share button, all one has to do is click on the G +1 and it will add 1 to the count of how many have shared this post and it will also show your smiling face on a small icon.  The reason why my face is on the icon on my blog is because that is what I use to share my blog to Google+ each day.  This is, like most thing’s Google these days, restricted to those blogger’s who have a Google+ membership………just sayin’!!  The big train is coming down the track!

Paulette thinks this looks like a Monet Painting.  I say Lime Jell-O!IMG_4297

While I’m on the topic of photos, how about the one above that I shot while looking down into the Koksilah River the other day.  I happened to be looking at it and thinking to myself that it looked a bit like a bowl of Lime Jell-O.  Just then, Paulette happened to walk in, look at the same photo, and say “that looks like one of those Monet paintings”.  First off, I’ve heard of Monet but I have no clue what his paintings look like.  What do you think – Lime Jell-O or Monet?

I went to Costco while Paulette worked manure into her Rose Garden!photo (3)

As for Wednesday, I was off to Costco to pick up some groceries and supplies while Paulette spent the morning spreading manure in her Rose Garden – which job is worse??  We went to the Cowichan River Estuary for a walk in the afternoon and later I BBQ’d burgers for dinner.  Last night, Paulette was off to her Sorority Meeting so I watched a few hockey games with the volume up really loud!!!

P1110539

After a layoff of a little over 2 weeks to rest up, Paulette returned to Blogland yesterday.  She says she is going to keep on blogging but not on a daily basis anymore.  Instead, Paulette said she’ll blog when she gets the urge or when something interesting is happening with respect to quilting.  I know that will make many of her quilting followers very happy to hear.

Have a great Thursday, and thanks again for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment