Friday 3 May 2013

The Big Move Is Finished And I Got My Truck Back

Carrie’s big move is over.  If I had it to do all over again I would gladly hire movers to do the entire thing including all the packing and boxing.  Of course, I say that after every move and then forget how much I hate it.  I really figured it would be easier this time as we only had to move apartments in the same building.  Wrong again! 

Carrie’s new place is starting to look like home again IMG_0393

After driving down to Victoria early Thursday, we spent 4 hours at Carrie’s.  Paulette had the worst job and that was cleaning up the old apartment.  She went a bit nuts on it as far as I was concerned.  It’s so clean now they could probably perform surgery.  Meanwhile, I was in the new apartment putting up pictures, mirrors, towel holders and doing some minor fix-ups here and there. 

Before picture of my truck with the big dent IMG_1100[3]

After picture – it looks absolutely perfect – can’t even tellIMG_4230

The other big news on Thursday was I got my truck back after having the big dent in the side panel repaired.  The body shop and paint guys did a tremendous job.  The paint matches perfectly and it looks as good as new.  Not only is the outside looking great, the body shop also completely detailed the inside of my truck as well so it’s back in showroom condition.  It really felt good to be driving it again.

We were here less than a month ago – it seems like years!IMG_2406

Checking the calendar yesterday and seeing it was May 2nd, I saw it was exactly 1 month to the day since we pulled out of the Sands RV Resort.  Driving home from Victoria yesterday afternoon, Paulette and I were saying it seems like it was months ago.  We really had a great time on our 11 day trip along the California and Oregon coasts but since getting home it’s all been a bit of a blur.

I’ll be making the first of many trips to recycling very soonIMG_4234

Now that the big move is over, we can get back to our regularly scheduled programming around here.  For me, that definitely means a trip to our municipal recycling center to get rid of all the cuttings that Paulette has loaded into the trailer.  And, with the polishing and waxing finished on our 5’er, I’ll have to haul our Stihl weedwacker of out the shed and crank it up as well.  It’s not like we’re out of work!

That’s Cobble Hill Mountain shot from our front yard last eveningIMG_4235

Right now, I have no definite plans for Friday at all.  I guess I’ll just see what kind of a day develops and take it from there.

Have a great Friday, and thanks again for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment