Saturday 2 March 2013

A Quick Side Trip To Borrego Springs And It’s Hot!

March came in like a lamb – roasting on a spit!  We had our hottest day in quite a while here as the temperature soared up into the mid-80’s.  I didn’t hear a word of complaint though as this is the kind of weather we all head south for in the winter.  It was hot enough yesterday that Paulette went up to the pool for a swim before noon! 

The road down the mountain from JulianIMG_1043

As for me, I never left the RV park yesterday.  In between taking it easy in the shade and reading a book, going up to the pool to cool off for a bit and a couple of trips to the dog park that was about all I could muster.  No complaints though – another perfect day.

IMG_1041

In yesterday’s blog, I left off while heading out of Julian with 2 bags of Apple Pies.  Leaving Julian I took the same Hwy. 78 to take me back the way I came but instead of going east all the way to the Hwy. 86 Expressway, I detoured off on S3 for the 12 mile side trip into Borrego Springs.

Christmas Circle Park in Borrego SpringsIMG_1050

Borrego Springs is a very small desert town in or right on the edges of Anza-Borrego State Park.  There doesn’t seem to be much going on there and the main street is barely a few blocks long.  One of the nice features is the oddly named park at the head of Main St. – it’s called Christmas Circle – I’m sure there’s a good reason for that, I just don’t know what it is.  Molly and Rylie sure liked all the green grass though as we stopped for about 20 minutes to rest up.

Looking towards the main street of Borrego SpringsIMG_1055

Heading out of Borrego Springs towards S86 put us smack in the middle of boon docking country or, as I refer to it, the middle of nowhere. 

Boondocking lands outside of Borrego SpringsIMG_1061

There were quite a few rigs parked out in the hot and dusty desert.  Looking at them, it just made me glad that in about an hour I would be able to cool off with a nice refreshing swim in our RV Resort’s pool.  But, hey, each to his/her own!

IMG_1060

It looks like we’re in for another hot one here in the desert Saturday with temperatures expected to perhaps reach the 90’s – bring it on!

Have a great Saturday, and thanks again for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment