Monday 25 March 2013

Another Relaxing Sunday As Time Winds Down

Yesterday was our second to last Sunday here at the Sands and we spent it just relaxing.  That included a game of birdie-less, par-less, golf for me and a swim in the pool with Paulette in the afternoon.  That was about the extent of our day as it was another hot one here in Desert Hot Springs.

Mel, Deb, Joanne, Kim, Don, Brian and PauletteIMG_1441

In my blog yesterday, I mentioned that we went out on Saturday night but I never said where as my post was getting long and I was getting tired.  We went to the Elephant Bar and Restaurant in Palm Desert for dinner with friends from here at the Sands.  This was a dinner that we had all scheduled a week or so ago but for one reason or another had to be delayed.

elephant bar

The Elephant Bar is a fun restaurant and the food was really good.  The service was excellent too.  I’m sure Paulette and I will be adding this restaurant to our list of favourite places to eat in Palm Springs.  We even splurged and shared two orders of their decadent Dessert Samplers!  

IMG_1413

Other than golfing and swimming, I read a bit and tried to catch the last 5 minutes of some of the NCAA March Madness Basketball games.  I don’t have the patience to watch an entire basketball game as there are just too many timeouts and constant stoppages for fouls.  The last few minutes can be pretty exciting though and there were a couple of good ones yesterday.

IMG_1420

We didn’t go out anywhere for dinner last night but that didn’t mean we didn’t have a chef prepare our dinner.  We called on Chef Joe last night to make our dinner and it was excellent as usual.  I have no idea what it was called but it was some kind of pasta dish and it tasted great!

The beautiful, rushing waters of the Palm Springs riverIMG_1438

Well, I can’t make up or think of anything else to say so I’ll just sign off for now and call it a day.

Have a great Monday, and thanks again for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment