Monday 18 March 2013

Time For A Sunday Rest Day

After a long day of driving to San Diego and back on Saturday, I was more than happy to sit back yesterday and take it easy all day.  I never left the park at all and only left our site to take Molly and Rylie to the dog park early in the morning, ride up for a swim in the pool in the afternoon, then back to the dog park for before dinner time.

Molly meeting up with a Red Haired Poodle at the Ocean BeachIMG_1292

In between, I found a nice shady spot between our 5’er and the tall Oleander hedges that separate the sites here at the Sands and set up one of our loungers.  Paulette has a lawn chair and table in the same area and she calls it her “shade room”.  It was perfect because with the temperature again in the high 80’s, sitting in the sun was just too darned hot unless you felt like getting bbq’d.  We even had a light, heavenly breeze in mid-afternoon to make it even better.

A shot of the ocean in La Jolla taken while we were passing thruIMG_1293

Paulette was off to the Laundromat which has become a regular Sunday morning chore for her. While she was away doing that, I emptied the 3 holding tanks. I mentioned in a previous post that Kmart seems to be the only store around here that sells Calgon Water Softener in powdered form.  Paulette bought 4 boxes of it but I’m going to stock up on it again before we leave.  It works great – just 1 cup of Calgon in each tank after emptying it.

Pinterest

While relaxing outside yesterday and doing a bit of web surfing, I noticed that my Pinterest account was still generating emails to me saying that folks were following my “Pins” even though I hadn’t posted for months.

Pinterest, after my initial interest, was really a mistake for me.  I’ve never really thought about computer applications in ‘gender’ terms but if there is a “female-friendly” app then Pinterest is definitely it as far as I’m concerned.  With that, I signed on to Pinterest and deleted my account as I could never figure out what to use it for.

facebook_logo

While writing about social sites I belong to but seldom ever use, Facebook still tops my list.  I never liked Facebook from the first time I saw it.  But, I did setup an account only because I wanted to follow it to see what all the hubbub was about.  Facebook was simply too big for me to ignore.

Even so, about a year ago, I set all of my Facebook settings to the lowest access levels possible.  My privacy settings are set to “me only” for everything.  I have no Friends on Facebook nor do I want any.  I’ll keep my account active though simply to check in once in a while when Facebook announces something new!

google_plus_logo

Google+ I do like and have from the very first time I tried it.  Right away, the privacy features enabled by Circles were light years ahead of Facebook.  I still use G+ everyday and expect to in the future as Google ports more and more of its apps to their flagship social media site.

The one particular feature of G+ that both Paulette and I find invaluable both at home and on the road is the Google Hangout feature.  This is similar to Skype Video Chats but we find G+ Hangout to be far superior in features and quality.  It allows us to have up to 10 simultaneous video conversations going.  This is great when we want to get a few of our kids together to have a shared conversation.  It really works well and is a lot of fun too!

Have a great Monday, and thanks again for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment