Friday 22 March 2013

Dinner At The Palm Springs Old Spaghetti Factory

Not long after we arrived in Palm Springs in early January, we were driving along Hwy. 111 when Paulette spotted The Old Spaghetti Factory restaurant.  It’s new here and ever since Paulette has been wanting to go there for dinner and last night was the night.  We’re trying to squeeze in a few new places to eat as well as some old standby’s – it’s a tough job but someone has to do the reviews!

Palm Springs Old Spaghetti FactoryIMG_1356

It would seem ridiculous to go to the Old Spaghetti Factory and not order a spaghetti dinner, right?  Not wanting to appear ridiculous to blog readers I ordered the Spaghetti with Sicilian Meatballs and Rich Italian Sauce.  Paulette said I was nuts to order plain old spaghetti which we make at home all the time so she ordered Garlic Shrimp Fettuccini.  Both meals were excellent and well-priced at under $15.

The inside of the Spaghetti Factory was pretty fancy!IMG_1357

So now we can cross the Old Spaghetti Factory off this year’s list.  We have another new restaurant to try coming up in the next few days called the “The Elephant Bar”.  We’ve heard great things about it for several years now but have never managed to make it there so we’re really looking forward to it.  The only other definite on our surprisingly, all of a sudden, busy calendar is dinner with friends Sienna and Jack at La Casa Grande here in Desert Hot Springs.

Wind Turbine on nearby Warner Rd. looks to be on the road!IMG_1338

Other than the occasional meal out, it’s been a fairly quiet week for us here at the Sands.  I did manage to get out for a morning round of golf with friends on Wednesday.  The weather was just perfect and after a very shaky start on the first 3 holes, something happened with my swing and I ended up getting pars on 3 of the last 6.  I wish I could remember what I did right but I have no clue!!

My 30 year old wallet – note:  Genuine Leather Made in Canada!!IMG_1360

Paulette, as usual, has been a lot busier than I have.  Yesterday she took off for the Burlington Coat Factory to look for some baby clothes for our first Grandson due this June.  She came back with a bag full of different items including shirts, sleepers, bibs and a tiny little pair of sneakers.  And guess what?  There was also a present for moi.

A nice, shiny new Nike wallet to replace my beat up 30 year oldIMG_1362

Paulette picked me up a Genuine Leather Nike tri-fold wallet to replace my 30 year old Canadian made wallet.  I never realized my old wallet was ‘made in Canada’ until I had emptied out all of my credit cards etc.  I don’t know where my new Nike wallet was made but I’m guessing it wasn’t anywhere even close to North America. 

Wind turbines are scattered about all thru the desertIMG_1346

Friday, like the last few days, is shaping up to be another day of hanging around the swimming pool, maybe a round of golf followed by some lounger time relaxing.  We are going to a later afternoon Happy Hour to wish friends Garry and Sandy farewell as they’ll be starting the long trek home to Vancouver Island this Sunday.

Have a great Friday, and thanks again for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment