Tuesday 16 April 2013

Another Tragedy Makes Blogging Seem Irrelevant

My plans to wash and perhaps even begin waxing our fifth-wheel came to an abrupt halt around noon yesterday when my Twitter News App began flashing multiple ‘Breaking News’ stories about the bombs going off at the finish line of the Boston Marathon.  I turned on our TV immediately and for most of the afternoon was transfixed by the images and stories of the Boston tragedy.

images

All of a sudden, I remembered that our blogging friend Donna (Cave Dwellings) must have been in an absolute state of panic when she heard this news.  The reason being that Chris and John, her daughter and son-in-law were in Boston as John had qualified to run in the race and Chris was there to support him.  To top it off, Donna and Dennis were babysitting the kids while they were away.

Boston Marathon

Not expecting a reply, I still fired off a quick email to Donna asking if she’d heard from her kids and if they were o.k.  I know she must have been quite frantic trying to get news but I just wanted to let Donna know that I was thinking about them and hoping both Chris and John would be flying home safely on Tuesday as planned.  I’m sure Donna will let us all know as soon as she is able to.

boston-marathon

With this latest tragedy in the U.S., it makes it seem rather trivial to even think about writing a blog.  I’ve always said blogging is fun but there’s no fun to be had on a day like this when so many innocent people have been maimed or even killed.  The post I had planned to write tonight can wait for another day.

boston-coursemap

Here’s hoping that Donna and Denny’s daughter Chris and her son-in-law John are o.k. and are home with their family Tuesday.

Have a great Tuesday, and thanks again for visiting!


Update:  Great News…. Donna’s Family is O.K

...I have never been so afraid...luckily John and Chris are OK and home tonight..It certainly puts life in perspective...We had lots of people texting us and commenting of Facebook...I never want to do that again..We are one of the lucky families.

Donna and Dennis


No comments:

Post a Comment