Tuesday 23 April 2013

Paulette’s Blog Transition And Getting Jobs Done

We are now back to being a ‘one daily blogger’ family as Paulette has decided to take a ‘Blogging Break’.  She announced this change followersin her blog yesterday morning saying “I’m not sure for how long but just need a little time to recharge the ol’ blogging batteries.”  Well said!

I never tried to persuade Paulette one way or the other as blogging is entirely up to each individual.

I’m going to miss Paulette’s daily blog though and I’m glad we were never in any kind of competition – I would have been slaughtered, just look at those Followers’ numbers!! 

Gone for now, but not forgotten.  Hopefully, to return again.P1110539

While on the topic of quitting blogging, Is there anything more self-serving and annoying than bloggers forever crying wolf about quitting blogging?  I don’t think so.  I really respect and admire bloggers who, after years of blogging, choose to write a simple farewell blog.  It’s really all that’s needed. 

2013-04-22

It was another nice sunny day here so I made my mind up early that this would be the day I’d get around to washing our fifth-wheel.  It was a little cool first thing in the morning so I waited until late morning for the sun to warm things up a bit.  Even though I’m a fan of The Solution for regular washing and care of our 5’er, after a long trip there’s nothing like sudsy, soap and water to get off all the road grime and dirt.  If nothing else, it makes me feel better anyway.

Start of the trail leading up Cobble Hill Mountain IMG_4096

Paulette was off to her Heritage Quilting Group Monday morning and was back home just after lunch.  Not long after we loaded Molly and Rylie in the car and headed off to hike up Cobble Hill Mountain.  This was our first visit to Cobble Hill Mountain since returning home from Palm Springs a week and half ago.

IMG_4097

It was another beautiful afternoon and it was great to be back in the middle of a forest again.  It’s also been a while since we’ve had to hike up any fairly steep inclines so we both realize we have some work to do in getting back in shape.

IMG_4102

Yesterday, we only hiked up as far as the Water Tower which is only about a third of the way to the top.  We’ll keep building up our hiking legs and before too long I’m sure we’ll go right up to the top.

The end of the trail – back at the bottomIMG_4103

Now that the 5’ers all washed and clean, I want to put a good coat of wax on it.  After that, I’ll just use The Solution to keep it clean and shiny until we get back down to Palm Springs in early January.  I’m not sure if I’ll start that job Tuesday or not.  I guess it’ll depend on how energetic I feel and/or whatever else comes up instead.

Rene and Jeanette (RV Voyageurs) featured in RV West MagazineJeanetteRene630

Fellow bloggers and good friends, Rene and Jeanette, have hit the big time after being featured in April’s RV West Magazine.  It’s a good article in which they provide a lot of information on their RVing experience, advice and future travel plans.  Congrats, Rene and Jeanette, the next time I see you, I’ll have to get your autographs!

Have a great Tuesday, and thanks again for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment