Sunday 21 April 2013

Carrie And Maggie Come Home For A Sleepover

What a difference a day makes.  Saturday was warm and sunny so I managed to spend most of the day working out in our yard finally getting both the front and backyard lawns cut.  While I was home working, Paulette and Maggie were off to Victoria to pick-up Carrie so they could start looking for a Wedding Dress for Maggie.

It sure didn’t take long for the Tulips to bloomIMG_3962

The big wedding isn’t happening until summer, 2014, so I thought it was a tad early to be looking for a wedding dress.  But, what do I know?  Paulette advised me it was never to early and with that they were off in the Blue Bullet heading down to Victoria.

IMG_3959

Not long after they were gone, I hauled my little Lawn Boy gas mower out of the shed to do my annual ‘see if the lawnmower will start’ ritual.  Nothing happened after the first 6 pulls on the cord so I found my sparkplug wrench, took out the plug, checked it over, made sure it was dry and put it back in place.  The mower started up this time on the second pull and I was good to go.

IMG_3961

The sun felt nice and warm and it felt good to be out in the yard again doing some work.  It only took me about a half-hour to finish cutting the front and by then it was time for a coffee break.  While having coffee and browsing on my computer I debated whether I should cut the back yard as well or wait until Sunday.  It was close, but since it was such a nice day I opted to cut the back as well.

IMG_3974

Whenever I’m outside, Rylie is never too far away.  When I’m mowing the lawn, she tends to follow me around looking to see what good things the mower might throw up for her to check out.  Molly, on the other hand, prefers to lie on the sundeck and just watch all the goings on from a safe distance.

IMG_3975

The backyard grass was thick.  I had to stop and raise the wheels up to their highest setting to stop the mower from getting clogged up with grass and stalling.   It’s going to take a few cuts, lowering the deck each time, before I get down to the level I want.  The mower ran well though once I got the height correct.

Carrie, Maggie and PauletteIMG_3986

Paulette, Carrie and Maggie rolled in just after 3pm.  Apparently, they had a great day looking at Wedding Dresses for Maggie.  It’s even possible they just may have agreed on “the one”.   I would have thought that impossible so I’ll just have to wait and see how that develops over the next few weeks.  Miracles do happen!

Paulette’s Lasagna was excellent – as usual.IMG_3984

Paulette made Lasagna for dinner last night and it was excellent as usual. We had a green salad and garlic bread to go with it. It was terrific seeing Maggie and Carrie again as we hadn’t seen them since Christmas other than on Facetime or Google Hangout. Carrie is just starting her 8th month of pregnancy and is looking and feeling great. All continues to go well with #1 Grandson as well.  We can’t wait!

silver linings

Last night, the girls took over the family room to watch Silver Linings Playbook.  It looked to me like a “chick-flick” so I figured that would be a good time to head to my computer room to write this blog.

It’s almost 10pm now and the movie just ended.  Paulette, Carrie and Maggie all told me I missed a good one and that I would have loved it.

Somehow, I doubt that.  Although, Robert De Niro was in the movie so it couldn’t have been all that bad!

Our backyard Cherry Trees are blossoming IMG_3969

Have a great Sunday, and thanks again for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment