Tuesday 30 April 2013

My Silverado Is In The Body Shop For Dent Repairs

It seems like forever since the little mishap in our RV site, at the Sands RV Resort, that left an ugly looking dent in the passenger side cargo panel of my Chevy Silverado.  It’s only been about 7 weeks but hopefully, by the end of this week, my truck should be dent free and looking shiny and new again.  I dropped it off at GT Collision in Duncan early Monday morning.

A few days in the body shop and this ding will be done!IMG_1100[3]

One of the reasons it seems like it’s been a lot longer than 7 weeks is because of all the questions and looks I get no matter where I go.  Like, “hey, how’d you bang up your truck”?  Whether it’s simply a neighbor, a guy at a gas station or even in a Safeway parking lot, guys seem to have an innate curiosity about trucks and anything to do with them.  Why is that?  I’ve retold the story a million times!!

grand-ole-opry

Maybe I could pen a little Country Music ditty along the lines of “My Wife Left Me Brokenhearted With A Dent In My Truck”.  I know, I know – it sounds pathetic, but I guarantee I’ve heard a lot worse song titles in country music.  Besides, the main elements are all there – a truck, a broken heart and a woman!  Maybe just throw in a little gospel and whiskey and it could be a guaranteed hit, right?

My Mazda M3 loaner carIMG_4218

Meanwhile, while I’m dreaming of fame and riches at the Grand Ole Opry, I’m driving around in a little 2012 Mazda M3 that is hardly the type of wheels a big-time country music star would choose.  What I really needed to create a good impression in Nashville is a big old Cadillac car – preferably a convertible. 

IMG_4202

Paulette was off to her Heritage Quilting Group as soon as I got back from dropping off my truck for repairs.  Not long after she was gone, I went outside before I had a chance to change my mind and finished waxing and buffing our 5’er.  So, now it’s all done and should be good for at least another year.  In the meantime, to keep it nice and shiny, I’ll still use The Solution in between polishing and waxing along with the occasional soap and water after long trips.

IMG_4203

Carrie got the o.k. to move into her new condo a day early so Paulette and I are heading down to Victoria to help with the move first thing Tuesday morning.  The other really great news is that Carrie’s hired a couple of young, husky guys to move all of her heavy furniture upstairs.  That will be a big load off of our backs for sure.  All we have to do now is move up all the boxes and clothing and we have both flat and upright dollies to help with that.

Click anywhere on the image below for instructions on Backupstemplate5

Sunday, I put a link on my sidebar to a post showing How To Backup Your Blog.  Today, I added another similar type post this time on How to Backup Your Template – both are important if you ever need to restore your entire blog, especially if you’ve made custom changes to the Template.  With these 2 backups in place, you should be in pretty good shape if a disaster occurs and your blog is destroyed.

Have a great Tuesday, and thanks again for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment