Monday 1 April 2013

Packed And Ready To Go And Paulette’s Treasures

Most of our gear is stored, stashed and pushed into our basement storage compartments.  Of course, everything had to be removed completely from the main compartment to allow for getting all the flat stuff like tables in first and on the bottom.  What a job!  All that’s left is the satellite dish (the last thing I take down), a few outside mats and our chairs and loungers.  We’re about set to go.

Paulette, Judy, Karen, Ken, Don, Kim, Tom and JenniferIMG_1502

We seem to be having a lot of farewell parties this year.  Last night, the crew above got together for a pizza night in Desert Hot Springs.  It was fun and as Paulette always says “anything is better than me having to cook while on vacation”!!  We were intending to go to Rocky’s New York Pizza but it was closed for Easter Sunday so we ended up at the local Pizza Hut instead!

Paulette’s last Thrift store haul (aka junk) from Desert Hot SpringsP1220955

After we had finished packing up the basement yesterday afternoon, I mentioned to Paulette that we did pretty well as there was still a bit of room left – I was amazed.  Not long after, Paulette said she was going into town with Kim and would be about a half hour or so.  I thought she was just going for groceries.  But, oh no!  They had discovered a new 2nd hand junk store and were gone for 2 hours!

P1220905

I suppose, and I am, very thankful that we only had room for really small items or Paulette just might have gone for this red velvet chair to replace my very comfy Lazy Boy in our 5’er.

I think this chair is from an old Barber Shop.  Either that or it’s an Electric Chair used on very special clients.

How in the world Paulette manages to find these places is beyond me.  Maybe this one was Kim’s idea – I don’t really know.  I’m just glad our packing is pretty much done and we’re loaded to the gills.

P1220910

For all you bloggers who firmly believe “things were better when”…. how about this phone – it should be right up your alley – heck, it doesn’t even have a dial of any kind let alone a fancy touch screen.

I guess if you could design some kind of shoulder harness and straps to attach it to your back it just might give Apple’s iPhone a run for its money!

How about a nice, compact simple easy to use Polaroid Camera?P1220909

Remember those old Polaroid Land Cameras that could produce an instant photograph?  This was magic stuff back in the late 50’s and early 60’s.  The pictures always turned out lousy but the thrill was in seeing them in only a few minutes.  Ah….the good old days!

More relics from the not so distant pastP1220926

It was very fortunate for me that our 5’er is full or we could have been headed home with all sorts of strange and weird treasures.  Now, I just have to make sure I use the truck all day Monday so Paulette can’t sneak back and buy more of this stuff!

Have a great Monday, and thanks again for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment