Friday 28 December 2012

A Nightmare About Driving Over ‘Fiscal Cliff’ On I-5

Last night I awoke in a cold sweat from a nightmare that saw us rolling down I-5 on January 1st happily heading for Redding, CA when suddenly there it was – the dreaded ‘Fiscal Cliff’!  All I could do to try and avoid the abyss was to slam on my brakes.  With tires squealing and skidding across the paved hi-way, the huge jaws of the Fiscal Cliff loomed directly ahead.  Panicked, I awoke screaming “noooo”!!

cliff

Thankfully, it was only a nightmare and after I assured Paulette that I wasn’t totally out of my mind, I managed to calm down and get back to sleep.  The real ‘Fiscal Cliff’ may or may not be resolved by the time we cross the Medicine Line this Saturday so we’re going to have to be on special lookout just in case.

Besides being a Quilter, Paulette is also into making Jewelry and all this is coming south with us

P1210386[2]

Packing picked up speed yesterday as we really swung into high gear.  While Paulette was busy sorting out the refrigerator and kitchen cupboards figuring out what to bring and what had to go, I was rounding up all of our gizmos, gadgets, cables, chargers and stuff.  Thankfully, I kept my list up-to-date so it was simply a matter of checking each item off and taking it out to the 5’er or the truck.

IMG_0418

Yesterday morning, I was in the truck and off to take care of a few errands.  I hit our local cellphone provider, weekly newspaper, vet’s office and library all to take care of a few minor issues.  Friday morning I’ll be making my last trek to the garbage dump for this year then stopping at Safeway to top off with diesel for the truck.

IMG_0420

Sometime Friday afternoon, we’ll bring in the slides on the 5’er and I’ll hitch-up so we’ll be all ready to roll out of here around 7:30am on Saturday morning.  We’ve got our house checklists to complete but I think we’re in pretty good shape to get out of here right on schedule.

IMG_0427

We did manage to get out for a 2 mile hike on the Cowichan Estuary yesterday.  The skies cleared up for a while and we enjoyed a nice walk in the sunshine.  The weather forecast for this Saturday looks good with temperatures expected to be hovering around 40F.  If that’s the case, there should be no snow on the Malahat.

Have a great Friday, and thanks again for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment