Thursday 20 December 2012

Santa Claus Made An Early Visit To Cowichan Bay

Our family, the kids and significant others, went a little bit over the top with Christmas gifts for Paulette and I this year …. no, it would be far more accurate to say they went way over the top!!  A special delivery arrived yesterday morning with an Apple iPad 4 for Paulette and the camera I was counting on Santa to bring me – a Canon G15!  

Santa’s Elves – with a special thanks to their significant othersIMG_2014[7]

Needless to say, Paulette and I were both shocked and our first reaction was “the kids shouldn’t have as its way too much money” – which is true.  However, when calling them on the phone to say thank you (plus you shouldn’t have but we’re not giving them back), they told us we are both so difficult to buy for that they jumped at the chance to go in together on a gift we’d each love!  Well, they certainly got that one right.

Merry Christmas!  My Canon G15 and Paulette’s iPadIMG_6858

Even though the gifts arrived with Christmas still 6 days away, in talking to Erin on the phone from Calgary Tuesday night, she gave us a heads up that there would be a package delivered Wednesday morning and we were under instructions to open it.  The reason being that if we didn’t like the gifts we could return them before heading south right after Christmas.  Return them? Not a chance!!

G15 on the left is quite a bit smaller and more compact than G12compare_top-001

When Paulette first saw it was an iPad the tears began to flow but they were tears of appreciation for the thoughtfulness of the kids in giving her such an extraordinary gift.  We’ve both always stressed not to get us anything expensive as we don’t need it.  I had some tears too – of total joy with my new camera!!  It’s terrific and I love it.  Alright – I was also touched just as much as Paulette was.

Paulette’s iPad is a real beauty.  It’s the white model with a red leather cover/stand.  That should be enough to differentiate it from my black iPad with a navy blue cover/stand.  Paulette’s admittedly not a techie but ever since I brought home an iPad a few weeks ago she has been casting longing glances at it.  I’m guessing she must have mentioned something in passing about how nice the new iPads are and that was enough to set the wheels in motion.

All these gifts and Mincemeat Tarts too bootIMG_0196

I know from talking to the kids they are pretty happy too.  I called Carrie last night to thank her and say it was too much to spend on a gift for me.  She immediately said “are you kidding?  When Erin emailed me with this idea, I jumped for joy and said I’m in – there’s nothing worse than trying to figure out what to get you”!!  I guess the same kind of logic went into the idea of Paulette’s iPad.  All I can say is this sure beats a pair of socks or a box of chocolates!!

The first App on Paulette’s new iPad – Find Quilt Shops nearby Find Quilt Shops

Needless to say, I spent most of yesterday personalizing and setting up Paulette’s iPad then playing around with my new camera.  As luck would have it the rain came down in buckets all day yesterday so for the first time in ages we didn’t go on an afternoon hike.  Instead we opted just to take Molly and Rylie for a walk and run down at our local park at the end of the street.  So, before I can show any photos with my new camera, I’ll have to hope for a better day.

Have a great Thursday, and thanks again for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment