Sunday 2 December 2012

My #1 Place I’d Like To Re-Visit While RV’ing

It rained pretty steady for most of the day Saturday so it was pretty much an inside day for me.  Paulette had some things to pick up in Duncan so she was gone for most of the morning.  Since we’re into December now, it’s just about time we started thinking about taking some things out to the 5’er, after all the 29th, our departure date, is going to sneak up on us pretty fast!

The Arches National Park in Moab, UT is spectacularIMG_6882

In October, I wrote a blog titled My #1 Favourite RV Park Heading South In The Winter namely the Marina Dunes RV Resort in Marina, CA. right on the Monterey Peninsula.  Today, as I began to think about our trip south to Palm Springs, I gave some thought to the question “what is my #1 Favourite Place I’d Like To Return To” in our fifth-wheel.   Since our first RV trip back in 2007, we’ve been back east as far as Manitoba in Canada and 16 mostly western states in the U.S. from Wisconsin in the East to Texas in the South.

IMG_6890

During those travels, we’ve run across several fantastic spots that I’d love to return to someday.  Among them are the Black Hills of South Dakota, Yellowstone National Park, the Grand Canyon and Sedona, AZ just to name a few.  After quite a bit of back and forth on this, I think the #1 place I’d like to return to and visit for a bit longer is Arches National Park in Moab, UT.

IMG_6849

We visited the Arches National Park in mid-April, 2010 and were very lucky to get a perfect day – hot, sunny and clear blue skies.  In one of those quirks of travel, we were headed for Salt Lake City and when we arrived in Moab I really wasn’t all that aware of how beautiful the Arches National Park was going to be or we would definitely have made arrangements to stay longer.

IMG_6866

We did manage to tour the park seeing everything we wanted to but I’d like to return to take a few of the hikes out into the desert and get some close-up views of the spectacular red-rock formations. 

IMG_6860

One of these years, on our way home from Palm Springs, we’re going to have to head back on the eastern route up through Nevada and over to Utah.  In addition to Arches National Park there are a few others that I’ve read about in blogs that look pretty spectacular too.

In the meantime, we’ve got some packing to do, some lists to make and Christmas to get ready for.  And, I have to write my letter to Santa about that new camera and get it in the mail pronto!

Have a great Sunday, and thanks again for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment