Friday 25 January 2013

A Quiet Day At The Sands While Quilters Fly Away

After my first full day of Quilt Shop Chauffeuring on Wednesday, I figured it was time for a day off so that’s exactly what I did.  It rick chauffeur2 copyturned out o.k. because I wasn’t needed yesterday anyway as the Quilting Group here at the Sands had rented a bus to take all the women to the big Road to California Quilt Show in Los Angeles. 

Paulette and Claire were off at 7:15am to walk up to the clubhouse as they were told the bus was pulling out at 7:30am sharp.

Paul Dahl requested a photo of me in my chauffeur’s uniform – the one I washed, dried and ironed all by myself.  Not wanting to disappoint Paul, I arranged for the above portrait. 

After my day off, it’s back to work on Friday.  The original schedule is under serious revision, I understand, and as an employee now I won’t be privy to the changes until we’re ready to roll.  I did happen to overhear talk about maybe doing some sightseeing in and around the Palm Springs area but nothing’s etched in stone – ever!

IMG_0094

While the quilters were off spending their heart’s out to support the state of California, I was back at the park with Molly and Rylie for the morning.  Our friend Jennifer, from Williams Lake, dropped over to request help with setting up a few different apps on her brand new iPad.  That kept me busy for a while and also gave me a chance to catch up on what Jennifer and Tom have been up to since last year.

IMG_0260

A good chauffeur has to make sure his vehicle is clean and in tip-top condition at all times.  Accordingly, after lunch, I loaded Molly and Rylie into the truck and drove over to Jessup GM for an oil and filter change.  They also washed my truck afterwards so I left Jessup after an hour with my truck all serviced and clean as a whistle.

IMG_0026

The quilters returned to the Sands just before 5pm, tired, worn out but still strong enough to carry all their bags of loot from the bus down to our site.  This was Claire’s first foray to this huge quilt show, one she has been wanting to go to for at least 5 years.  She said it was everything she expected and more.

Sunrise at the SandsIMG_0024

Last night Paulette and Claire watched another Netflix movie using our Apple TV device.  It was Legends of the Fall.  We’re sure liking Netflix especially since we now have Time Warner’s high-speed broadband.  The movies start as soon as we select them and run uninterrupted right through to the end.  With everyone tired, it was another early night.

Have a great Friday, and thanks again for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment