Tuesday 15 January 2013

Dinner At Sherman’s Deli With Rick And JoAnne

Last night we introduced fellow bloggers Rick and JoAnne to one of Palm Springs’ best dining experiences – Sherman’s Deli and Bakery.  I think it’s safe to say that after having had dinner at Sherman’s both Rick and JoAnne heartily agree that Sherman’s is a place not to be missed if you happen to find yourself in Palm Springs.

JoAnne and Rick at Sherman’sIMG_0195

The only thing better than the food at Sherman’s last night was the company.  It seemed like we’d known Rick and JoAnne for years instead of just a few hours.  What did we talk about for over two hours?  It was more like what didn’t we talk about! 

Sherman’s Reuben sandwich – corned beef, sauerkraut and stuff!IMG_0196

We all went full gusto on our deli sandwiches with Rick and I both ordering Sherman’s very special Reuben.  Paulette and JoAnne opted for something just a little lighter but still a pretty hefty meal. 

Choosing dessert is always a touch choice – but you gotta do it!IMG_0193

Of course no dinner at Sherman’s is complete without sampling one of their spectacular desserts. As always, it was the hardest choice of the night. In the end, we all ordered something different including Lemon Meringue Pie, German Double Chocolate Cake, Cheesecake and Carrot Cake(guess who ordered the Carrot Cake?).  It was a great night to forget all about any thoughts of dieting.

I think this German Double Chocolate Cake was the winner!IMG_0198

In other news, Monday morning it was pretty cold outside so Paulette had turned on our propane furnace as soon as she got up.  A bit later, I noticed it hadn’t come on for a while and after checking I found it seemed to have stopped for no good reason.  I went out to check our propane tanks and they were both fine.  Turning the furnace off and on didn’t do anything so I was stumped.

A red light goes on to indicate a blown or faulty fuseIMG_0191

Just as I was about to phone an RV Mobile Repair service, a little voice whispered “check the fuses”!  Sure enough, when I took the fuse panel off there was a bright red indicator glowing to tell me the fuse was blown.  Quickly, I found a new 20amp fuse, replaced it for the old one and turned on the furnace.  Voila!!  It fired right up so I figure that little voice saved me a $60 service call.

Have a great Tuesday, and thanks again for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment