Thursday 31 January 2013

A Day To Take It Easy And Swim In The Pool

It was a no driving, no hiking and no golfing day for me yesterday as I just took it easy outside on a lounger in the warm sunshine with an occasional bike up to the pool for a swim and to relax in the hot tub.  It was a good day to do nothing for me as it was Paulette’s Quilting Club day at the clubhouse. 

Photos in today’s post are more from our visit to Thousand PalmsIMG_0498

Unfortunately, that kind of a day doesn’t contribute much to write about for my blog post.  There’s always the weather I suppose which changed dramatically the moment Claire’s WestJet flight left the runway headed home to Victoria yesterday.  We awoke to much warmer temperatures, clear blue skies and absolutely zero wind on Wednesday morning.  Claire will just have to take our word for it.

IMG_0499

It’s amazing how upbeat folks here at the park are once the weather returns to normal  which is usually sunny and hot.  First thing this morning, folks were out walking around the park, the dog park was full and golfers were streaming up to the golf course in their battery powered golf carts.  There were even some early birds heading up to the pool to make sure they got the best loungers for the day.

IMG_0516

Each morning, I meet up with about a dozen regulars at the dog park to talk about pretty much everything under the sun.  It’s mostly a mixture of guys from B.C. and Alberta and even a few Americans thrown in for good measure.  We always have an interesting discussion about what we did the day before and our plans for the current day while our dogs all run around and play for about 30 minutes.

IMG_0511

The dog park, which I go to twice a day, is where I do most of my socializing here at the Sands.  Wednesday afternoon from 4 to 6 there is a Happy Hour up at the main clubhouse but in our 6 years here at the Sands, we’ve yet to ever attend one of these.  I gather it draws a pretty large crowd each week judging from friends of ours who do go each week.  Happy Hours just aren’t my thing.

IMG_0505

Last night, Paulette was on Face Time with our daughter Erin in Calgary and, horror of horrors, she has taken up quilting!  Erin’s also a schoolteacher so she’s definitely following in her Mom’s footsteps. I told Erin there was still time to get inoculated to protect her from the dreaded disease of Quilting but I think my pleas fell on deaf ears.

IMG_0527

Just a reminder to any of you who may be considering an upgrade to Windows 8 that January 31st is the last day for the $39 Windows 8 Pro download deal.  After that Windows 8 will revert to the normal price which I’m guessing will be somewhere in excess of $100.  You can go to a computer store and buy a Windows 8 Pro DVD for $69 until 12 midnight on January 31st.  I’m not pushing this – just passing on the information in case anyone happens to be interested.

Have a great Thursday, and thanks again for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment