Saturday 5 January 2013

Washed The Rig, A Swim & Dinner Out

Our big job for Friday was washing the road grime off the 5’er.  Luckily, we’re allowed to wash our rigs at our own site.  Although I use The Solution to clean and keep the rig nice and spiffy most times, I still think there’s nothing like a bucket of soapy water, a foam brush and a water hose to get a dirty vehicle looking really clean.

IMG_0020

After I washed the 5’er including all of the windows, Paulette got the ladder and cleaned all the windows again using Windex.  They looked pretty good to me but I’m definitely not the judge of ‘clean’ around here.

Paulette took this from inside the rig IMG_0011

I made one stupid mistake and that was bumping into the satellite dish and knocking it off-kilter so I had to go through the dreaded satellite connection process again.  It only took me 10 minutes and I ended up getting an even stronger signal – all the way up to 87 so I guess it turned out for the better.

I finally got to go for a swim in the pool yesterdayIMG_0541

By the time I finished putting everything away and having a bite to eat, it was definitely time for my first swim in the pool.  I rode Paulette’s little red folding bike up to the clubhouse and had a nice long swim in the pool and then sat in one of the 2 hot tubs and soaked up some sunshine.  It sure felt nice.

Kim, Don, Mel, Roger, Deb, Margo, Me, PauletteIMG_0544

The highlight of our stay here at the Sands, so far, was dinner out last night with friends Kim and Don, Mel and Deb, Roger and Margo.  We went to Billy Reed’s in Palm Springs and it was just excellent.  Billy Reed’s is one of the oldest restaurants in Palm Springs and still one of the most popular with visitors and residents alike.

One of the co-owners of Billy Reed’s RestaurantIMG_0542

This restaurant is comfortable with a very friendly and welcoming staff and the menu very much favours good, basic meals with the favourite entree’s priced at a very reasonable $14.95 and that comes with soup or salad.  All of us enjoyed our meals and the attentive service provided from the owner, Billy Reed, and his staff.

Billy ReedIMG_0543

Better than the food though was the company.  It was great to get together again with Don, Kim, Mel, Deb, Roger and Margo.  I’m surprised we were able to get through our dinners (and desserts) as we were laughing so hard at all the great stories we all shared.  This is definitely an outing Paulette and I will look forward to repeating during our stay here in Palm Springs.

Koi fish pond outside the restaurantIMG_0546

Billy Reed’s must feed these fish in a pool outside the front entrance some really great food.  These Koi are huge and sometimes put on a pretty good show of jumping out of the water for special treats.  We never fed the fish as we had eaten every last bit of food on our plates!  What a great evening!

Have a great Saturday, and thanks again for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment