Thursday 17 January 2013

Truck’s All Washed And Clean – First Golf Outing

Part of my duties for next week’s stint as Quilt Shop Chauffeur include making sure my truck is looking clean and spiffy.  So, first thing yesterday morning I took a drive over to the Airport Carwash in Palm Springs for their $19.99 Gold Special.  In just a half hour my truck was looking like it had come out of a brand new showroom!

IMG_0239

For only $19.99, the guys at the Airport Carwash vacuumed the inside, washed the exterior then cleaned all the windows inside and out, treated the entire dashboard and console with Armour All, also made sure the inside jam of each door was washed and clean plus treating all of the tires with protectant.  They do a first rate job and even though they are always busy they have enough guys working to make sure you always get out in less than 30 minutes!

IMG_0240

After putting off the threat of golf for almost 2 weeks, it was time for me to face the music and see if I had any chance of hitting the ball straight, or at all, before I invested a nickel in a 10 game punch card for $160.  My friend Mel said he had a 2:30pm tee time up at the Sands RV Golf Course so after I got back from the carwash, I grabbed my clubs and headed up to the driving range to practice.

IMG_0245

My practice at the driving range didn’t inspire a lot of confidence but I was committed to playing at 2:30 so I thought I may as well just go and make the best of a nice, warm afternoon.  Luckily, I was playing with Mel, Rodger and his wife Margo so it wasn’t like I had to worry too much about making a complete fool of myself as I’d played lots of golf with them here last year. 

IMG_0025

Sure enough, on my first drive I hit the ground before the little white ball and bounced it down the fairway.  I immediately thought “oh no, this is going to be a very long afternoon”. On my next shot a funny thing happened – I hit a hybrid club that I always have trouble with and voila!!  It went up in the air – straight and true, much to my compete surprise and amazement.  What did I do??

Mel and Rodger discussing strategyIMG_0027

After that, my golf outing became real fun as I hit more good shots than bad ones.  It was a beautiful, sunny afternoon and the company of Mel, Roger and Margo made it all the better and we shared a lot of laughs and ribbing about our golf games.  With the first game under my belt, I’m now looking forward to many more rounds of golf here at the Sands.  I actually bought a 10 play punch card!

IMG_0026

Last night, we were on our iPads using Google+ Hangout and Facetime to video chat with the kids.  This was pretty much impossible on Wifi but with our Time Warner broadband it’s absolutely perfect.  Cable broadband has definitely been the #1 addition to our RVing experience and enjoyment this year.

Have a great Thursday, and thanks again for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment