Saturday 12 January 2013

Nice Day For A Perimeter Park Walk

Friday, I finally got around to setting up our Weber BBQ and about a dozen small solar lights in our backyard.  I’m pretty sure that’s the last of the setup jobs that I was responsible for outside.  It didn’t take long to do that in the morning and after all that hard work I took the rest of the day off. 

My 30 minutes of work done for the day – I quitIMG_0074

Paulette went into Palm Springs to visit Trader Joe’s and stock up on some of our favorite dinners.  Joe is our preferred Chef du Jour while we’re staying here in the Sands.  Last night’s entre was Chicken Tikka Masala and, as always, Chef Joe did a great job.

IMG_0059

The only time I actually left the park on Friday was to go on a perimeter walk with Paulette, Molly and Rylie in mid-afternoon.  It was nice and sunny as well as a lot warmer than what we expected it to be.  The back of the Sands borders on a wide swath of desert but there is a trail that we can walk along.

The desert out beyond the Sands RV ResortIMG_0062

Going for a walk around the outside of the Sands takes us by 3 sides of the golf course so it’s also a great place to find golf balls hit over the fences.  We didn’t have much luck yesterday though as all we spotted was one lonely Titleist in the bush up against the fence.  Still, it’s better than nothing, I guess.

IMG_0063

Talk about a weird blog problem.  On Thursday night I got an email from Ray(Ray and Cindy’s RV Travels) who is a new RV Blogger saying he could no longer insert photos into his posts using the Blogger Editor.  He said for his first two posts everything worked fine then all of a sudden he could no longer insert an image.

photo 3

The reason was that after he clicked the picture icon on the blogger editor and the new screen displayed, the box that says ‘Choose files’ was not there – it was missing!  I’d never run across that one before.  I asked Ray what browser he was using and he said Internet Explorer.  On a hunch, I asked him to download and install Chrome.  It worked - ‘Choose files’ was back.

IMG_0064

Why this happened with Internet Explorer and not with Chrome I have no idea.  I think Firefox probably would have worked o.k. too.  I suppose I could find the answer if I looked hard enough but my suspicion is that it’s just more game playing and gotcha stuff between our friends Microsoft and Google.  It’s a mystery!!

Later Paulette took a turn to sit outside with her iPadIMG_0067

Late Friday afternoon, Paulette took her iPad out back to browse and sit in the late afternoon sun for a while.  She sure has become attached to her iPad since getting it this past Christmas.  I’m finding I’m using my iPad a lot for browsing and reading blogs and emails. Writing blogs and answering emails I still do on my laptop.

Have a great Saturday, and thanks again for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment