Friday 18 January 2013

Grooming Day & Filtering Gmail Anonymous Emails

It was an absolutely gorgeous day here in Palm Springs and I got to spend the entire afternoon in complete peace and quiet.  That was because Paulette took Molly and Rylie to the dog groomers at 12:30 and then took off for places unknown until returning just after 4pm with a couple of pretty clean looking little muttzo’s. 

Molly looking pretty shaggy before going to the groomer’sIMG_0247

While everyone was out of the park for the afternoon, I enjoyed the great weather by alternating between lying out back on one of our new recliners and riding up to the pool for a swim and a relaxing soak in the hot tub.  I really needed that after my arduous day of walking around our 9 hole golf course on Wednesday.  Life is tough.

Looking a lot better afterwardsIMG_0259

Those of you who have dogs will understand completely how weird it feels when they are gone from home even for a few hours.  I could sit down and not brace for Molly and Rylie jumping up on me.

Rylie before her grooming appointmentIMG_0250

When I heard another dog bark down in the wash or from one of the sites down the road, I instantly looked to see where our dogs were ready to issue my “no, Rylie” warning to keep her from joining in which she just loves to do.  Just the same it was great to see them both back.

Rylie just asked for a light trimIMG_0252

Anonymous comments have never bothered me so I’ve never even given a thought to blocking them on my blog.  Also, the fact that close to 99% of anonymous spam is detected and blocked by the excellent Blogger Spam Filter made it a non-factor for me.  I’d rather deal with the occasional problem from an anonymous commenter myself rather than make things difficult for those who read my blog.

Step 1.  In Gmail Settings click on ‘Filters’settings

The one thing that did bother me just a bit though was the fact I get an email copy of all my blog comments through Gmail and this always included many of the Anonymous Spam junk that the Blogger Spam Filter had successfully blocked.  It was no big deal really as since I’m the only one who actually reads my Inbox mail, who cares?  I used to just ignore it or, on occasion, I’d delete them if I felt like it.  Still, it did create a lot of unnecessary clutter so I had a better idea.

Step 2.  Click on ‘Create a new filter’settings 2

My better idea was to simply use Gmail’s Filter to remove all of the Anonymous Spam comments before they even got to my Inbox.  It’s easy to do and it works.

Step 3.  In the ‘From’ box type in Anonymoussettings 3

There are only 4 steps you need to take to get rid of all existing emails from Anonymous and to prevent any more from appearing in your inbox.  I’ve shown the steps in the images in this post. Step 4.  Click ‘Delete it’ and other box if necessarysettings 41

Since no one I know really wants to receive anonymous emails, I don’t see any downside at all in using this type of filter.  Once the filter is completed all the anonymous comments will automatically be moved to the Trash box where they will be removed after 30 days.

Step 5.  All emails from ‘Anonymous’ will be moved to ‘Trash’settings5

Have a great Friday, and thanks again for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment