Sunday 17 February 2013

A Busy Saturday Of Chores And I Met A Hypnotist

Our Saturday started out on a high-note with the bi-weekly Pancake Breakfast here at the Sands.  It was another beautiful morning and there was a pretty big crowd in the Oasis Hall when we walked in just before 8.  The pancake flippers sure had their work cut out for them keeping up with the crowd of hungry RVers.

We sat with our usual group of friends plus 2 newcomers, Phil and Rose, from Penticton, B.C..  They are both avid blog readers but have so far not taken the plunge Some of the loot from Hemet Quilt Showinto blogging themselves.  Phil seems more concerned that Rose just might catch the Quilting Virus here at the Sands because I’ve told him it’s incurable.  Rose isn’t a sewing person but that doesn’t make her immune from this disease.

As soon as we finished up our pancakes, Paulette and Sandy (aka Thelma and Louise) were off on another all-day adventure.  This time it was Palm Spring’s Saturday garage sales followed by a bit of “baby shopping”.  Sandy has a young granddaughter and, of course, we have a grandson due this June – lots of great stuff to look at and buy down here for Grandma’s on the prowl.

IMG_0720

That left me alone with Molly and Rylie so I decided to take the opportunity to catch up on some overdue tasks.  The first was to wash and wax our 5’er.  I began washing the rig using my faithful concoction of The Solution.  I do like this product and it claims to not only wash but leave a wax/uv protectant as well.  It sure does a good job and water beads up well on the surface of the rig just like wax.

IMG_3644[7]

Still, I have no idea what the heck is in The Solution as they are very secret about the formula.  So, I usually go ahead and apply a coat of wax to the rig once a year as well just to be sure.  For this job I used a Meguiar's wax product just to add extra protection against the hot desert sun.  Speaking of the hot desert sun, it was over 80F by mid morning so I packed in the waxing after finishing the back of the rig.

Looking for a job that was just a bit cooler, I noticed that one of our propane tanks was empty so that was a good excuse for me and the solution[2][3]muttzo’s to go for a ride in our nice, cool air-conditioned truck down Dillon Rd. to Blair’s RV.  Propane at Blair’s has been selling for $2.89 a gallon since we arrived and the price hasn’t changed at all. 

Back at our site, and after putting the propane tank back in place, I began the process of emptying the black tank and both of the grey tanks as it was time.  Before I knew it, the entire morning had flashed by, it was just about noon, and definitely time to quit work for the day!

The swimming pool was calling so I put Molly and Rylie in the 5er and turned on the A/C to give it a run and keep them cool.  After a swim and while relaxing in the hot tub, I met a hypnotist.  He was putting on a show in the main hall Saturday night and was telling everyone in the hot tub about his life story, how he became a hypnotist and trying to drum up business for his show Saturday night.

It was a beautiful evening for a BBQIMG_0816

There were about half-a-dozen of us in the large hot tub and he polled each of us as to whether or not we would be attending what he guaranteed would be a great evening’s entertainment.  One by one, everyone replied “yes, we’ll be there”!  I had to wonder though.  He asked me and I answered honestly by just saying “no”.  He seemed kind of shocked but I’d had enough of this guy without having to pay to see him talk some more.

IMG_0818

For dinner last night, we BBQ’d some nice Trader Joe tenderloin steaks.  Paulette made a salad and baked some Yams so we had a real good dinner.  After that, we just watched another NetFlix movie starring Richard Gere.  I can’t remember the name of it now but it was pretty good.

Have a great Sunday, and thanks again for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment