Wednesday 27 February 2013

The Biggest 5’er I’ve Ever Seen – 46 Ft. In Our Park

When I sat down at my computer last night to write this blog, I didn’t have any particular topic in mind.  I suppose the main reason for that is I didn’t do much, in fact, I never left our RV Resort at all.  Golf was out too as I don’t really care for golfing two days in a row and especially not after our desert hike on Monday. 

New Horizons Majestic Motomover – 46 ft. longmotomover 1

motomover 4

Then, I suddenly remembered a big topic of discussion amongst our morning ‘Dog Park Cabinet’ members that many of you might find interesting – or simply amazing!  A few days ago, some guy wheels into the Sands driving a big Freightliner Chassis truck pulling a huge 46’ long New Horizons Majestic Motomover.  This is one big rig.  It’s a luxury 5’er and a Toy Hauler all in one.

Just like in a house, open the garage door and walk right inmotomover 3

Finding a site that could accommodate this sucker was a real challenge for the staff at the Sands.  But, after some measuring, twisting and turning a pie shaped site at the end of a cul-de-sac was deemed suitable.  It’s a tight squeeze as the 5’er hitch is right up to the curb and the back is right against the fence.  Luckily, there is parking adjacent to the site for the big Freightliner tractor tower.

This is one of the floor plans102-F45TYTSS

In fact, this rig took up so much space on the site I couldn’t really get a good photo of it without disturbing the owners, so I did a few Google searches to find this model.  Apparently, the guy who owns this rig is towing some kind of ATV’s in the garage.  I can’t imagine what kind of mileage this rig gets when it’s full.

motomover 2

If you think this is just the rig for you then your probably wondering how much it would cost, right?  The closest I could come to a price was a MSRP of $137,300 with an average retail cost of $112,000.  Then, on top of that, you’d need a big diesel tractor tow-vehicle to pull it.  I think it would just be too much trouble finding a park that could fit us in so I’m not going to bother with it.

A few more photos from our desert hike on MondayIMG_0967

Meanwhile, back in the real world, Paulette had a quiet day here as well with her only out of the park venture a drive to the local post office to drop off some mail.  At least she did something productive for the rest of the day as she kept busy with some sewing projects broken up by some sun time outside.

IMG_0975

As for me, I finished another e-book, took a few spins around the park on our little red bike and spent some time up at the pool in the afternoon.  That was in addition to my usual morning and afternoon trips to the dog park. 

IMG_0969

IMG_0990

That’s it – I made it, another blog is in the books!

Have a great Wednesday, and thanks again for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment