Monday 11 February 2013

Morning Trip To Costco And A Cove Oasis Hike

In just a few more days, temperatures are expected to be back up in the 80’s and that will be welcome news around here.  It was quite nice on Sunday but gusty winds in Desert Hot Springs made it seem cooler than what it actually was.  In mid-morning, I drove over to the Costco in Palm Desert to pick up a few supplies.  It was beautiful over there with zero wind and a temperature of 70F.

This Yamaha Baby Grand at Costco was selling for $25,000IMG_0736

Walking around Costco I saw what I believe is the most expensive single item I’ve ever seen in that store.  It was a Yamaha Baby Grand Piano selling for $24,999.99 – 1 cent off $25K!!  Wowza!  How about you?  Have you seen anything costing more at Costco??

Photos from the Cove Trail in La QuintaIMG_0753

No sense even thinking about the Baby Grand Piano as it would never fit in our 5’er.  That, plus the fact I can’t play the piano made it quite easy for me to walk right out of Costco with just a package of Raisin Bran, 3 x LED Flashlights and a few other items costing a grand total of $55.  It’s always a great feeling to get out of that store having spent less than $100.  How about $25,000??

IMG_0754

After lunch, I was feeling like doing something outside but it was still a bit too breezy for golf so I thought going for a hike might be a good idea.  Paulette’s throat was still a bit sore so she decided to just stay home and read and/or sew instead.

IMG_0756

Molly and Rylie were all set to go anywhere so I hustled them into the truck and we headed over to La Quinta and one of our frequent hiking spots – the Cove Oasis Trail.  As I expected, it was a lot warmer over in La Quinta – about 70F with no wind at all.  I parked the truck and we were soon headed out across the desert.

IMG_0760

The Cove Oasis is an easy hike as it’s mostly flat.  It’s a very popular spot for walking dogs too and we met lots of furry friends along the way.  The path of the trail seems to be surrounded on 3 sides by hills and mountains and with a few scattered, white, puffy clouds in the skies the shadows cast on the mountains was quite striking and made for some nice photo opportunities.

IMG_0765

Last night we watched the Grammy Awards show and I thought it was pretty good.  I’m not really up on all the new singers and bands but from what I saw these folks are terrific and very, very talented musicians.  Some of them are different, alright, but all of them are exciting to watch.  The musical talent today is as good as any past generation and maybe even better – it’s certainly more diversified.

Have a great Monday, and thanks again for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment