Saturday 23 February 2013

Out For A Mexican Dinner And In To Watch ‘Argo’

When I asked Paulette on Friday afternoon if she would like to go for dinner and a movie, she did a double-take!  It wasn’t the dinner offer that surprised her, instead it was the movie!  I seldom go to a theater - the last James Bond movie I saw was Goldfinger!  So, I had to confess that dinner would be at a Mexican restaurant but our movie, a good one, would be on the widescreen HD TV in our 5’er.

I’m a big fan of watching movies on our wide-screen TV’s either at home or in our 5’er.  To me, it sure beats getting in a car, driving for miles and then sitting in a argocrowded theatre full of coughing, hacking people that usually end up blocking my view.  Then, some joker decides he/she has to go to the washroom half way through the movie so the entire row has to stand up/sit down…..stand up/sit down.

So, last night, just before the big Oscar night Sunday, we were able to download and watch one of this year’s nominated films – Argo.

The movie starred Ben Affleck who doubled as the film’s Director.  We rented the HD movie from iTunes for $5.99 which is a lot less than going to a movie theater.  Our popcorn and cokes were also way less than what the theater charges which is usually more than the price of tickets!

ARGO

As advertised, the movie was excellent and I wouldn’t be surprised at all if it ended up winning an Oscar.  But, I haven’t seen Lincoln or any of the other nominated movies so what do I know!  The movie Argo is drama based on the 1980 joint Canadian-CIA secret operation to extract six fugitive American diplomatic personnel out of revolutionary Iran after they’d hidden in the Canadian Embassy.  I’d give this movie a 9 out of 10.

The Casa Grande Mexican Restaurant in Desert Hot SpringsIMG_0933

Earlier in the evening, Paulette and I went out for dinner to the Casa Grande Mexican Restaurant in Desert Hot Springs.  We discovered this excellent little restaurant, close by our RV Resort, just last year.  The food is terrific, prices are very reasonable and the service is absolutely great.  Paulette had Quesadillas while I stuck with my regular Chicken Enchiladas – both were delicious!

My 3 Chicken Enchiladas dinner with rice and beans – $8.99!IMG_0935

We enjoyed a beautiful day here Friday.  Paulette drove her friends Sandy and Jennifer up to Yucca Valley to do some thrift shopping in the morning.  I stayed in the RV park all day doing a few chores in the morning and then going for a swim, hot tub and some lounger time in the sun in the afternoon.  Another nice, relaxing day.

Have a great Saturday, and thanks again for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment