Tuesday 19 February 2013

The Sands’ Annual Quilt And Craft Show Day

Monday was a huge day for all the quilter’s here at the Sands RV Resort as they held their Annual Quilt Show up at the North Hall.  In addition to the quilts on display there were all kinds of other crafts as well including jewellery and paintings.  The show started at 11am and wrapped up a little after 4pm.

My favourite, naturally, was Paulette’s Five Little Monkeys quiltIMG_0848

Paulette went up to the North Hall just after 9am to help get things setup and hang her quilts up on the walls and display panels. She took a half-dozen quilts some finished and some “in progress” My favourite, of course, was the Five Little Monkeys Baby Quilt she is making for our first Grandson due this June – but then again, I’m a little prejudiced. There was no judging anyway – it was just for fun!

Another one of Paulette’s quilts she has finished since last yearIMG_0836

I went up to the North Hall a little before 10am to see if any help was needed but things were well under control by then.  So, I just took a few pictures and headed back to our site.

In addition to quilts, there was quite a bit of homemade jewelleryIMG_0870

Sometime after the 11am official opening of the show, I walked up to the hall again to see how things were going.  People were starting to drift in and out to have a look at the displays.  While I was there, I took a few more photos then figured I’d had enough of Quilts for one day and headed back to sit outside and read.

Not too sure what Sandy’s up to but that’s her quilts – on the right2013-02-18

It was another perfect day here in Palm Springs with clear blue skies and a temperature of 80F.  By the time I got organized after going to look at the quilts it was almost noon and way too hot to carry on with the job I’m doing of waxing the 5’er.  I still have half the rig to finish but I figured it could wait till mañana (a little Spanish lingo)!

These beautiful quilts were made by our friend Judy J. of SeattleIMG_0845

The only problem with waiting that I could see is that the forecast for mañana was pretty ugly.  We are supposed to have high winds, which I believe, and rain which we’ll have to wait and see for sure.  It just might be a nice, inside reading day Tuesday from the sounds of it.

Here I’m taking a photo of Paulette taking a photo!IMG_0867

I hopped on our little red bike and rode up to the pool to go for a swim and a long relaxing soak in the hot tub.  On the way back, I stopped to look at the Pickle Ball Courts which were packed again with players.  No one is playing tennis anymore, everyone seems to be playing Pickle Ball.  What’s with that?  I’ve never played the game.

If I remember, these little crafty items were made from Kelp (sea).IMG_0842

Other than the big Quilt and Craft show the RV park was relatively quiet on Monday.  I’m not too sure what everyone was doing yesterday – maybe out shopping for deals on President’s Day?  There were a lot of stores advertising good deals I know.

Here are some of the quilts made by the quilters at the SandsIMG_0855

For some reason, even the dog park was quiet Monday.  Normally in the afternoon around 4pm we can count on more than a dozen dogs of all shapes, sizes and breeds running around.  Not yesterday though as there were only 6 when Mel, Larry and I were there.  The dog park meetings are my main social event each day here at the Sands.

Like Judy, Paulette also made a Homespun Houses quiltIMG_0847-002

The Richard Gere movie we watched on Netflix the other night was called The Double and is a 2011 movie.  The story is about a retired CIA operative paired with a young FBI agent to unravel the mystery of a senator's murder, with all signs pointing to a Soviet assassin.  Paulette and I both enjoyed the film and I’d give it about a 7!

Have a great Tuesday, and thanks again for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment