Monday 18 February 2013

Sunday Was A Five Dog Day And Other Stuff

Our site neighbours, Jack and Jill, went up the hill and over the Pass and on to Temecula for the day to, I think, check out a few of the many fine wineries in that area.  They have 3 little pups so they asked us if we wouldn’t mind letting them out of their MH every few hours.  Paulette and I had no real plans so we readily agreed. 

Two of the pups out enjoying the sunshine yesterday afternoonIMG_0819

It was a very easy job as Jack and Jill’s site is completely fenced in like ours so the dogs can’t run off down the wash.  The 3 little dogs came in and out of the trailer all day with no problems at all.  There was the occasional bark at other dogs walking past “their site in their wash” of course but Molly and Rylie do that too.  At times, we had quite a chorus of scary barking go on.

This guy spent a lot of time just waiting for his Mom and DadIMG_0821

Every once in a while, one of the pups would go and sit at the front gate just waiting for his Mom and Dad to come home.  He would sit there perfectly still for up to a half hour at a time.  I wish I could remember their names but I can’t.  It was a little after 3pm when Jack and Jill rolled in and for a few moments it was pandemonium as all 5 dogs started barking and howling at once.  Jeesh!!

The wash and wax job is now half done!IMG_0824

Most of my morning was spent continuing to wash and wax our 5’er.  For washing, I used The Solution and just for additional protection I added some Meguiar's Ultimate Spray Wax.  Both of these products were easy to apply so other than taking some time it wasn’t a hard job.  I managed to finish the left side of the rig so I now only have the front and right side to go.

Why so many wash and wax products from one supplier?Car Care - Meguiars final

While reading Rod’s blog yesterday, I noticed he was using a product called Meguiar’s Quick Detailer on his Honda Gold Wing Motorcycle.  It sounded very similar to the Meguiar's Ultimate Spray Wax I used on our rig.  Out of curiosity, I checked Meguiar’s website and found a baffling number of wash and wax products – it was just as bad as trying to pick out a printer.  How about a simple solution for vehicle wax products – “Good, Better, Best”!!

Everywhere we look, the Sands RV Resort is pretty much full2013-02-17

The Sands RV Resort is now bursting at the seams as everywhere we look – left, right across the wash – the sites are all full.  Indeed, walking around the park it’s evident that we are right in the middle of the busiest part of the snowbird season.  There are only the odd sites here and there vacant right now.  That’s a good sign for those of us who plan to return again next year.

IMG_0831

The small triangular plywood base that I anchored our satellite dish to continues to do the job it was designed for.

Even the strongest winds here in the desert haven’t budged our satellite 1 millimeter so we’ve continued to get perfect TV reception.

It’s a pretty simple solution – just bolt the tripod feet to the plywood and then pile up some heavy boulders, bricks or rocks in the middle and it stays rock-solid.  When I take the tripod down, I just throw the plywood triangle in the back of my truck under the hitch.

Have a great Monday, and thanks again for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment