Thursday 7 February 2013

Another Beautiful Day Of Doing Very Little

We had another beautiful day here in Desert Hot Springs yesterday.  It wasn’t quite as hot as the past few days but with temperatures reaching the mid-70’s and bright blue skies, it was just about right.  When I can go swimming outdoors in February, like I did yesterday, you know the weather has to be nice and hot.

We have a little visitor each morning – drives Rylie nuts!IMG_0648

It was also Customer Appreciation Lunch Day here at the Sands but I gave that one a skip and opted to just sit out back in a lounger and read my book.  The menu again this year was Kentucky Fried Chicken with beans, salad and a bun.  I didn’t care much for it last year as I preferred previous year’s appreciation lunches where we had BBQ’d burgers and hot dogs.  Paulette went with a few quilting friends.

In 6 years, I’ve never seen water flowing down these washesIMG_0647

Speaking of books and reading, I have to send out a big thank-you to my friend Rod (Retired Rod) over in Mesa, AZ for sending me the book Killing Lincoln by Bill lincolnO’Reilly.  Rod emailed me saying he had put the book in the mail so I should be getting it soon.

Rod had written in his blog a few times about how good this book is and how he couldn’t stop reading it.  I commented that I loved history but couldn’t bring myself to contribute money to Bill O’Reilly who I think is a wacko!

Rod assured me that all Bill O’Reilly’s proceeds from the book go to his charities but I wasn’t convinced.  Anyway, Rod gave me permission to put some tape over Bill O’Reilly’s name on the cover just in case anyone sees me reading it.  Thanks again, Rod, I appreciate your thoughtfulness!

Late afternoon pic of the pond by the dog parkIMG_0650

Not much else to report on for this post as all I did was go to the dog park in the morning and late afternoon.  In between, I read outside and rode up to the clubhouse for a swim.  For dinner last night, I picked up a Chicken Taco Salad for Paulette and Chicken Enchiladas for me at our favourite little Mexican take-out in Desert Hot Springs – cost for both dinners – $12.40!  Hard to beat that and it’s good too!

Have a great Thursday, and thanks again for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment