Saturday 2 February 2013

Turning A Small Job Into An Adventure

We were planning to BBQ on Friday evening so I thought I’d better give our little Weber Baby Q a good cleaning and fire it up to burn some of the grunge off the grill.  It seemed like a fairly easy job that might take me about 30 minutes.  Instead, after 3 hours, I was Valve___Regulato_50feda10a682b_255x200still trying to light our 7 year old Weber with no luck at all.  It turned out the propane gas regulator was the main culprit.

Propane was definitely going into the regulator but no gas was exiting to the BBQ burner at all.  I took the regulator off the Weber and tried blasting some compressed air through it but that didn’t work.  Next, I looked on the Internet and found some other possible solutions but none of them worked either.  I was now into my 3rd hour of work on this little $149 unit.

Our new Weber Q 120 – (Grill is upside down, but I fixed that)IMG_0586

Checking Weber replacement parts on the web, I found that I could order a new original Weber valve and regulator for $29.  So that seemed like a good deal but it would take about a week for the part to be delivered.  I was really looking forward to BBQ’d Pork Chops last night so I hopped in my truck, drove down to WalMart and bought a brand new, spiffy looking Weber Q 120!

My first job on the grill was BBQ’d Pork ChopsIMG_0591

As for our original Weber Q 100, I ordered the regulator anyway and I’ll use it as a backup BBQ when we get back home.  Our BBQ at home is one of those big ones but it’s about 15 years old now so it’s not going to last too much longer.  I think Paulette figures I bought the new Weber just so I wouldn’t have to clean the old one.  I’d never, ever even think of a thing like that!!

Our dinner last night was excellent – very tasty!IMG_0593

So, it was just another day in RV park world where a simple task turns into an adventure involving several hours of troubleshooting, followed by an unexpected expenditure.  In the end it was all worth it though as our first BBQ on the new Weber turned out great.  All’s well that ends well.

Paulette busy sewing up a baby quilt for #1 GrandsonIMG_0551

As for our afternoon yesterday, Paulette is going gangbusters on the baby quilt for our #1 Grandson due this June.  She already has the main quilt blocks all sewn together.  It looks like it’s going to be a real special quilt for the little guy.  While Paulette was busy working at her new sewing station, I went up to the pool for a swim to relax after my gruelling 3 hour work day.

Have a great Saturday, and thanks again for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment