Thursday 28 February 2013

A Fun Morning Walk In Downtown Palm Springs

One of the things I’ve always wanted to do while staying in this area for the winter is to make more visits to downtown Palm Springs in the morning.  We don’t do enough of it so I think I’ll make an effort to see if we can change that for our last month here this year.  It’s a beautiful spot for an outdoor breakfast, coffee and a muffin or just for walking along the sidewalk looking at all the people.

IMG_1005

What got me thinking about this was when Paulette left for her day with her Quilting Club up at the North Hall just after 9am.  That left me and the muttzo’s to come up with something to do rather than the nothing at all day I really enjoyed on Tuesday.  I felt like getting a cup of coffee and a blueberry muffin for some reason so we piled into the truck and headed for Palm Canyon Drive.

It’s never too early for a bottle of Champagne in Palm Springs!IMG_1012

Another one of the nice things about the outdoor sidewalk cafe’s and coffee shops in Palm Springs is they are all pretty much dog-friendly.  At most, you are able to sit outside at a table for breakfast, lunch or even dinner with your pets along as they are on a leash and under control.  Strangely, Molly and Rylie in the few times we’ve taken advantage of this have been very, very good.  A few treats help!

IMG_1006

Wednesday morning downtown was perfect.  Around 10am it was already close to 70F and the sun was shining, as usual, with not even a whisper of a cloud in the sky.  Right smack downtown on the corner of Palm Canyon Drive and Tahquitz Canyon Way there are 2 popular coffee hangouts – the ever present Starbucks and The Coffee Bean.

IMG_1007

I decided to try the Coffee Bean because I can get a Starbuck’s coffee anytime or anywhere it seems.  I went in and bought a coffee and a blueberry muffin then returned outside to grab the last available table to sit for a half hour and watch all of the folks wandering down the sidewalks enjoying the beautiful morning.

IMG_1009

One of the busier places for breakfast was a place called Pinocchio’s – it was packed.  In fact, whenever I go downtown this cafe is always doing a booming business.  I made a note to make Pinocchio’s our very next breakfast stop.  Walking by, I couldn’t help but notice people were enjoying a bottle of Champagne with breakfast.  It made me wonder if that was some kind of a special deal here and maybe why Pinocchio’s was so popular!

IMG_1010

I was back at the Sands well before noon and did a little, not a lot, of regular maintenance work around our site.  I emptied the holding tanks and treated them.  Paulette finally found a store that sells Calgon water softener powder here – it was Kmart.  Calgon is great for making the tank sides slippery and slick so nothing can stick to them.  I mixed a cup of Calgon in a about a gallon of water for each of the holding tanks.  It does a good job.

IMG_1004

Other than that, it was just another day relaxing in the sun.  I never even got up to the pool for a swim.  For dinner, I just drove into Desert Hot Springs and picked up a pizza from Rocky’s New York Pizza place.  It was good as usual!  Thursday, all the quilting ladies are off on a Shop Hop for the day.  I’m not driving – yahoo!!

Have a great Thursday, and thanks again for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment