Saturday 16 February 2013

Wow - Another Fun Week Just Flies On By

Paulette went to a quilt show in Hemet and I went golfing here at the Sands – that pretty much sums up our Friday.  By the way, how did it get to be Friday so fast?  I must have lost a few days here and there because it felt like a mid-week day to me.  Not that makes any real difference as we are retired but I still like to think I know what day it is most of the time.

IMG_0794

The trip to Hemet was a huge success.  Initially, Paulette was taking 3 other quilters (Sandy, Kim and Karen) with her but in the end her only companion was Sandy as Kim and Karen ended up going with their husbands.  Paulette and Sandy had a great time as they had no time limit and so didn’t have to worry about me waiting out in the parking lot.  It’s funny as I’ve never known them to worry about that.

IMG_0795

It was after 3:30 in the afternoon when I heard our diesel truck rumbling down Pebble Beach Drive towards our site.  I had only been back from my round of golf for about 15 minutes so the timing was perfect – nothing could be sneaked into the rig and hidden before I could see it.  Paulette was extremely proud of her “bargoons” and when she asked me “guess how much for all of this stuff”, I nailed it within $3.  I know she’s a bargain hunter so I always bid very low!

IMG_0798

In between the golfing, taking Molly and Rylie to the dog park and the occasional walk around, I managed to find some time to sit outside under sunny, blue skies with a lincolntemperature of 80F and finish the book “Killing Lincoln” co-authored by Bill O’Reilly.   Thanks again to my friend Motorcycle Rod over in Mesa for sending it to me. 

I have to admit that even though I’m no fan of Bill O’Reilly (aka Wacko), this was a very well written book and a great history story.  The fact that it was written in very plain, simple terms made it all the more enjoyable.

I’ve read previous books about President Lincoln including the blockbuster Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin but Killing Lincoln was every bit as good as far as I’m concerned. 

Have a great Saturday, and thanks again for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment